Allow me to preface this by saying I am a complete newbie to Zope (I prefer to think of it as beginner's mind...). What I am attempting to do is dynamically add items to a dictionary, but Zope complains "keyword can't be an expression". Here's the reduced case of my code:

<dtml-let eventsDict="{}">
   <dtml-let calstart="somestring">
      <dtml-call "REQUEST.set(eventsDict[calstart]=id)">
   </dtml-let>
</dtml-let>

This kind of construct *seems* perfectly reasonable, yet it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Other possible ways of doing the same thing?

Thanks!
-Andrew
-----
Andrew Hedges, Clearwired Web Services