--On 15. März 2006 11:00:03 -0500 Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

OK, after some investigation:  the issue is not the weird UID/GID on the
files (which get preserved when unpacking the tarball as root);  the
issue is that the person making the file had their umask set to harshly
(0077, likely), which means that the files are not readable by anyone
but the owner.  A workaround is to change the readability after
unpacking the tarball, e.g.:

 $ chmod -R a+r .

Andreas, can you confirm?

ACK

Usually I build the release on my Linux box where the umask is 0002
however 2.8.6/2.9.1 have been build during Pycon on my Powerbook where
the umask is 0077.

I recreated the archives and re-uploaded them just some minutes ago.

Andreas