Hi Chris!

After various attempts to get through the right way, I did simply the following:

1. Clear catalog
2. manage_covertIndexes
3. start looping through objects reindexing them and calling commit_transaction() on each 100-chunk (or 1000 or whatever your RAM can bear)
4. go have a coffee/walk/sleep (depending on the size of your catalog)
5. enjoy!

Dumb, slow, but works quite well!

Chris Withers wrote:
Hi All,

Moving a site from 2.7 to 2.9, so I need to run manage_covertIndexes.

The only problem is that, on the main catalog, this sends the machine into swap death.

Anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you getaround it?

cheers,

Chris