Cyrille Bonnet wrote:

I have a question regarding product update.

I have updated a product (ATContentTypes) on the file system. Upon restarting the server, the new version of the product appears in red in the QuickInstaller (as expected).

Even though I haven't re-installed the product, some changes are picked up (for instance, it uses the new schemata for ATDocument).

Is this the expected behaviour?

Of course. Whatever Python code exists will take effect whenever it's loaded.

What is exactly the difference between a non-installed product on the file system and an installed product?

Is the only difference that the Install.py is run when you install the product??

Yes. Many Products require changes in the ZODB; QI is how this is accomodated.

This is really a CMF/Plone question, btw. Better on one of those lists.

        --jcc

--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/