Ok, so I could put a <dtml-call … > into my standard_html_header, and any redirects do them with a call to Dieters script (which may not work with future zope versions) to make sure I am keeping the original request.

Hmm, is there a better solution anyone knows of?

Basically I just want to do an insert into a database of some stuff from each request.

Josh

From: David H [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 19 July 2006 11:27 AM
To: Joshua Burvill
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Script execute with every request

Joshua Burvill wrote:

Hi,

I’d like to log certain parts of each request into a database table for every request to provide an audit trail.

I thought of inserting a <dtml-call  xxx> into the standard_html_header, but when there is a RESPONSE.redirect, it will not be the original request that gets logged.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks, Josh

Dieter wrote this

http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/emulateRedirect.py