On 31. Jul 2006, at 09:13, Sudesh Soni wrote:

I wonder why Zope is default set for handling 4 threads and 7 database connections.

These are good values under normal circumstances.

I tried inreasing threads to 20 and database connections to 30 by updating z2.py and DB.py, presuming that this will help to improve performance under heavy load.

Can anyone suggest what impact will be there if i do this , in Zope 2.6.1

Zope is not Apache. Increasing the number of threads is unlikely to help performance unless, perhaps, when you have a heavily loaded RDBMS backing your Zope and see threads "hanging" waiting for the RDBMS to respond.

OR

Can anyone suggest any other option to improve performance under heavy load in Zope 2.6.1

Figure out why your Zope is slow. Is it CPU bound or I/O bound? Use a profiler to analyze your code (PTProfiler, ZopeProfiler). Set up ZEO + multiple ZEO clients, if need be on multiple boxes. And put a cache in front, Squid works well.

Stefan

--
Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen,
causes something else to happen.  --Douglas Adams