----- Original Message ----- From: "Jens Vagelpohl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: POUND AND ZOPE HELL!!! was: Re: [Zope] Can't Find This Bug!

On 16 Aug 2006, at 10:34, beno - wrote:
>> "Posted with no comments"?? You can read, can you? This is now
the third time (read: 3) that I'm telling
>> you that these entries are not errors. NotFound (or 404) is
completely normal. Stop looking at them!

Okay, okay, BUT JENS... It's been over a WEEK that my client can't see her site AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!!

That's beside the point. I'm telling you those NotFound messages do not matter, you need to look somewhere else. Whether you are desperate or not does not change the fact that they are a red herring.

If someone who cannot view the site sends a request and Zope seems to serve the right stuff then maybe this is not a Zope problem at all?

I suggest you read up on things like ethereal to analyze what exactly is happening between the client's browser and the server. The logs can only tell you that "something has been served", not the content.

Another idea is to have your client install ieHTTPHeaders (or equivalent for non-IE browsers) in their web browser and then send you the http header info that they are seeing.

Jonathan