Ken Ara wrote:
One and a half days later, I am again unable to stop,
restart or kill Zope. My ISP host is making changes on
their network and I believe the problem is with them.
I am in a FreeBSD jail, sharing the machine with a DNS
server. It's 3am over there, and I wish I could do
something while waiting for them to wake up. Then, we
need to find out what is causing this problem.

Move hosters. FreeBSD for all its robustness is not something I'd recommend running Zope on...

Is there no alternative to physically restarting this
machine? While we are stuck, is there anything I can
do to diagnose the problem?

You may have more luck on a FreeBSD list...

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk