Just tell launchd to start runzope. Launchd is just a process starter that requires the program start in the foreground (which runzope does).

- C

On Sep 25, 2006, at 8:01 PM, Perry Smith wrote:

I am new to this but I have not seen how the "runzope" or zopectl start commands are done at system startup. Mac OS X has its own system(s). The old is called SystemStarter and the new is called launchd. SystemStarter requires a directory and a few simple files. I'm not sure what launchd requires.

Is there a need to implement these or has it already been done? How do most people do it on the various unix/linux versions?

If not, I'll take a swag at it if others feel they could use it.

Perry Smith
Ease Software, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.easesoftware.com

SATA Products for IBMs RS/6000, pSeries, and AIX systems