Hi!

I need a field in zope object which act as a sequence. I mean every time I create an object, the value is the previous sequence value of the last object created + 1.

also I need to browse the objects by sequence (from the object 1 to the last, by the sequence number)

I think I need a catalog FieldIndex to store the sequence for searches, a property in the object.

Can I use the catalog to retrieve the max value of the index, so when I create the object, I just add 1 and store it in the property?

TIA