Surely it should make no difference to caching as they are both GETs?

The first is certainly prettier, if you want URLs like that then ZSQL methods should be able to help you (read the online zope book), or roll your own looking at the traverse subpath.

Laurence

Gaute Amundsen wrote:
Hi.

Normally a url to an article in our CMS system would look roughly like this:
http://www.dom.tld/aritcles/25245

Where 25245 would be an object of some metatype, say 'article'.

Now what if I wanted to get the data for that page from an sql server instead, I would expect to end up with a url like this:

http://www.dom.tld/aritcles/index_html?id=25245

Now, having recently read the Roy Fielding paper, and expecting to do some caching, I would much prefer to have it the first way, even when I have to get the data out of a DB.

Anybody have any ideas on how this might be done?

Regards

Gaute Amundsen