--On 30. September 2008 09:32:33 -0700 David Bear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Since I have started using vmware ESX as a hosting platform for zope,
I've been mostly happy. However, I am wondering if I should have any
concerns with storing the zodb on nfs. All our file systems on ESX are
nfs mounted and lately we have had some interesting issues with the LAN
that nfs runs on. So I'm am wondering if I should be concerned about
storing the zodb on nfs mounted filesystems.

Keeping the Data.fs on a NFS is not a good idea - there will be at least issues with performance. Keep it local.

-aj