On 07/30/2014 12:56 PM, Christopher Lozinski wrote:
I have a basic version of Zopache running internally.   It is a zope-2
like ZMI running on top of
grok on top of ZTK.  ZTK is really very nicely written.
Grok makes it so much easier to use the ZTK.
I an focused on using it to build my next generation recruiting website,
but it would be good to have someone to talk to about this stuff.   It
is very
very hard to find anyone who both appreciates TTW development, and
understands
the multiple layers of ZTK and Grok.
I am a quite happy user of zope 2.9.x, although most likely my application will have to be ported to tomcat (using jython) in the short term.

I keep data in MySQL, I had to replace most products with Extensions for lack of support, didn't use the TTW classes. I use little of the zope API and no roles (I use my own security roles in the database) .

I like the ZMI, error_log, Zope DB Adapter, ZSQL, and Python Scripts which hide the web machinery from me. I like the easy access to the running environment for testing and maintenance purposes. I love the ZPT and Python.

I have a nice UI/BusinessRules/DataAccess architecture that makes it easy to do maintenance at minimal cost. It is very easy to jump in and fix/improve code, especially considering I only do it on occasion.

There are of course limitations to this environment, in particular for developers that need all the file system tools for development and collaboration. But has it stands, it is very cost effective for some use cases.

I don't know about ZTK, Grok.

Fernando Martins
Anyhow if you are curious I am clozinski on skype.

Regards
Chris