** Changed in: zorba

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/866922

Title:
  PHP: no pecl extension

Status in Zorba - The XQuery Processor:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Running "sudo pecl install zorba" in Ubuntu 10.04 x64 with PHP5.3 returns the
following:
  ------------
  Failed to download pecl/zorba within preferred state "beta", latest release
is version 0.9.9, stability "alpha", use "channel://pecl.php.net/zorba-0.9.9"
to install
  install failed
  -----------

  So, I then ran "sudo pecl install channel://pecl.php.net/zorba-0.9.9" and got
the following error:
  -------------
  Could not download from "http://pecl.php.net/get/zorba-0.9.9.tgz";, cannot
download "pecl/zorba" (File http://pecl.php.net:80/get/zorba-0.9.9.tgz not
valid (received: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
  ))
  Error: cannot download "pecl/zorba"
  Download failed
  install failed

  Searching the PECL site for 'zorba' didn't return anything. I found some
sketchy package here: http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pecl/xquery/trunk/

  It would be very nice if I could tell my users to simply run "pecl install
zorba" to get the PHP module.
  Do you have any plans to bring the php module up on the pecl site?

  Thank you!

  Victor