Fred Drake wrote:
Difference between a comment which appears in the final HTML and a comment which
is dropped out when applying the template is the number of dashes <!-- and <!---

This is *really* subtle; too much so.  Does anyone actually want to
generate comments that are delivered to the browser anyway?  Maybe the
compilation stage should simply throw out comments by default.

Yes, I like to do that, because it allows me to put content through that a designer can backtrack via view source to some particular server resource, especially in a heterogeneous environment where the resource could live in a wide variety of places. I think <!--- is a Cold Fusion convention...? Anyway, I don't think it's so bad, since either way they *are* just comments, and it's generally not that bad if you mix them up.

--
Ian Bicking  /  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  /  http://blog.ianbicking.org