Ben Alex napisaƂ(a):
> Nevertheless, Acegi Security is very flexible in what it will accept for
> authentication.

I know. And that's why I like to use Acegi in std 3-tier Java apps. But
the GeoServer is a little different, so there will be non-standard approach.

> The issue touched upon at the bottom of the email is perhaps the most
> important issue for your project to address, namely which target
> platform does OSS GIS GeoServer plan on using. As your project is
> Java-based, it would make some sense to use Acegi Security with perhaps
> a nice simple out-of-the-box and platform-portable default
> authentication mechanism such as JDBC or similar. Then also ship a DACS
> adapter so system evaluators can see that you support the OGC standard.

Technically, the GeoServer is a Java-based web application based on
servlets which can be deployed in any web application container (Tomcat,
Jetty, Resin, etc.). I guess that's the answer for the "target platform"
question.

In fact the GeoServer is The Open Planning Project's project, but my
company is considering whether to extend it with Acegi as auth* component.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,
Krystian Nowak
PSNC