Do you think it is possible to include DACS (http://dacs.dss.ca/) as a
authentication adapter (just as it is with Yale's CAS)? There were talks
about the future of authorization in OSS GIS GeoServer
(http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/Home) which heavily uses Spring,
so it would be natural to use Acegi. On the other hand there is an Open
Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standardising organisation for GIS software
and one of their implementation for security used in demos is DACS. The
problem is that DACS is native application whereas the GeoServer is a
Java webapp.

Maybe you have some ideas or already have head about works between DACS
and Acegi? Do you find it possible to integrate in any scope (just
authentication or maybe even more - to simulate DACS-like authorization
using Acegi)?

Below there is an email on these talks. If it's not clear for you,
please, do not hesitate to ask questions to make it more informative.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,
Krystian Nowak
PSNC