The StatelessTicketCache is only used within the CAS support for the
purpose of simulating sessions for stateless remote access. Normal CAS
support does not require the StatelessTicketCache (in fact the CAS
protocol doesn't really recommend you re-use the single use tickets ;-)).

I'm okay with option 3 also.  I'll create a JIRA issue and commit the
code.  Would we need to update our pom file?  Is EhCache used for
anything besides the CAS support within Acegi?

Thanks
-Scott