Hi all,

Bernhard Dippold wrote (6-10-2009 0:03)
Graham Lauder raised this idea in the thread about the OOoCon templates.

To raise awareness about this topic I paste the relevant part of his
posting and John McCreesh's reply to this new thread:

On Mon, October 5, 2009 20:50, Graham Lauder wrote: [snip]
How about this for an Idea. We, the Art Project, produce a whole
pile of alternative OOo Logos, then the speakers can choose the
ones they individually like for their presentations. Who knows
the people at Conf might see one really cool one and say: "We
should have that as our Logo."

I'm all in favour for modern art work. But we may not forget, that money for renewing, printing materials, is not so limitless available for us, as for some other office products.
This support the idea of a logo, evolving by smaller steps, IMHO.

[...]
Even if there is no guarantee to replace the present logo with one of the newly created logos, this would show that we are moving forward.

And there is no better opportunity than the OOoCon to convince stakeholders of the more conservative logo of the possibilities of an update in marketing, visual identity, user reception and community feeling.
[...]

+1
Cor

--