Hi Ivan, all,

thanks for your questions - I thought about these points too, but didn't take the time to post them...

Ivan M schrieb:
Hi Bernhard,

Just a few quick questions on this topic:

1) Who's going to present these at OOoCon and when?
I think we're too late for a standard presentation - the schedule seems to be fixed more or less [1].

What I would like to see is a stand in the hall presenting some of the concept drafts along with their rationale. That was what came to my mind when John introduced the phrase: "LOOok for a LOOogo"

I don't know who will be at Orvieto (I'll have the chance to be there), but best would be if we could define a time frame where some of the artists could answer questions about the designs.

I asked for a stand at the OOoCon mailing list, and this doesn't seem to be problematic at all.

2) Should we re-include past logo proposals for OOo 3 that never got
considered (scattered around IssueZilla, etc) ?

I thought they would be attached to a dedicated issue, but I might mix it up with the splash proposals...

ATM I'm not able to start my Internet connection, so I can't find out the issue number (if there is one).

On the other hand I'd like to present concepts from artists active now - but as (at least the most) logo proposals are licensed under a free license, everybody can draw one or another of these logos, improve it as necessary and include it in the presentation.

All of these ideas are just my personal opinion. If you have any better ideas, please tell them ...

Best regards

Bernhard

[1]: http://conference.services.openoffice.org/index.php/ooocon/2009/schedConf/schedule