Hi Graham, Jens, all,

Graham Lauder schrieb:
On Thursday 08 October 2009 03:26:50 Jens Habermann wrote:
Hi!

A short time frame for sure, but I will contribute my ideas over next
weeks.

Until we have a main wiki site for this task, I will place images on
my wiki user site http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:JensGH

Jens

Let's start it in a dedicated part of the wiki.  Start a new page called
New_logo_proposals or pizza_order or whatever just so long as we keep it all
together.
+ 1

Rules?

CC license?
I would prefer LGPL.

If any of the proposals (I'd call them "design ideas" for the moment) would be integrated in the main product some day, it's license should be compatible with the product.

and any text has to be in a Free font, no nonfree fonts allowed?
+1

That looks like enough

From marketing POV and with regard to visual (corporate) identity I'd like to see some more points to be taken into account:

- the logo should look serious and professional (remember that governments and large

- provide graphical elements that can be used for our branding

- please don't alienate users and supporters of OOo who feel familiar with the present logo. Some kind of recognition might be appropriate IMHO.

Should we make an effort to put them in context as well.  Like as it is on the
website, stationery, webbanners?

I'd keep with the logo - time is short already.

Are we going to stick with the blue corporate color?

I'd like to see the OOoblue (RGB 6,52, 140) as part of the logo - this would help us to keep at least parts of our visual identity...

Best regards

Bernhard