I'm sorry that you're getting frustrated again with me, but maybe I'm not
being clear?  I know that AFC doesn't use the file extension to detect the
mime type.  My point is that it's not the newer (2007 I think) word with
macro format - docm.

My tests are showing that with exe-bin in Level 1 (which should detect and
reject VBA macros in office files) that docm (m on the end, meaning its a
newer format Word with macro file) slip through ASSP.   I had previously
had docm under Level 1 too and found that renamed docm files came through.
After removing docm as a test, I found that you don't even need to rename
them.

It's as if AFC isn't detecting macros in the newer Word formats.  If I have
macros in .doc files (Word 2003 and earlier) they ARE detected, encrypted
or not!

I know how much you despise Office products, so I attached a sample docm
file for your reference.

And last, and only semi-related, can we get an option in AFC to also reject
encrypted office documents (even without macros)?  I know macros will be
caught even in encrypted word 2003 and older documents, but it seems like
spammers are trying to slip through spam content and phishing attempts
using encrypted Office docs now too...   I wish we could just block Office
documents altogether, but that would all but put this charity out of
business.