Von:    K Post <nntp.p...@gmail.com>
Datum:  03.11.2016 20:36
Betreff:        Re: [Assp-test] Blocking encrypted and/or VBA embedded MS
Office  Docs

I'm sorry that you're getting frustrated again with me, but maybe I'm not
being clear?  I know that AFC doesn't use the file extension to detect the
mime type.  My point is that it's not the newer (2007 I think) word with
macro format - docm.

My tests are showing that with exe-bin in Level 1 (which should detect and
reject VBA macros in office files) that docm (m on the end, meaning its a
newer format Word with macro file) slip through ASSP.   I had previously
had docm under Level 1 too and found that renamed docm files came
through.  After removing docm as a test, I found that you don't even need
to rename them.

It's as if AFC isn't detecting macros in the newer Word formats.  If I
have macros in .doc files (Word 2003 and earlier) they ARE detected,
encrypted or not!

I know how much you despise Office products, so I attached a sample docm
file for your reference.

And last, and only semi-related, can we get an option in AFC to also
reject encrypted office documents (even without macros)?  I know macros
will be caught even in encrypted word 2003 and older documents, but it
seems like spammers are trying to slip through spam content and phishing
attempts using encrypted Office docs now too...   I wish we could just
block Office documents altogether, but that would all but put this charity
out of business.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Thomas Eckardt <thomas.ecka...@thockar.com
> wrote:
>even if not encrypted seem to slip through.

NO!

I don't want to explain this again and again and again.

ASSP_AFC uses a MIME-type based content detection.

Thomas