Dear Khazeh
Wow, thanks for all that info. That's alot of content. Let me just
respond to a  few things:

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:17:19 -0000, Khazeh Fananapazir
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The Faith of Islam is confirmed. Some of the rules, regulations, and
> ordinances of the Dispensation are abrogated.

And that sounds nice, but in certain respects it falls short.

> All the believers were encouraged in innumerable letters to study Islam as
> well.

> But of course there are many perceptions of "Islam" in the world...and all
> issues have been obfuscated because of "Islamism" or Qut.bism as
> ideologies.

To be honest I've never understood what "Islamism" is. I think it's a
made up term but I'm not sure there is a coherent consistent concept
underneath. Muslims are supposed to live out their faith and
positively influence the society around them, in the "religious"
sphere, but also in culture, business, family life, the local
neighborhood, and other levels. But I've never heard a good
explanation of what the difference is between a serious Muslim who
promotes Islam in the world, and an "Islamist".

 > Of course there are many discussions within the Islamic community about
> "corruption" of Hadith. Interestingly the Sacred Iqan of Baha'u'llah also
> quotes the same verses
> http://www.submission.org/had-corruption.html

Actually there is a serious question of whether this group should be
thought of as "within" the Islamic community. This position that
hadith are generally corrupt and unreliable was popularized by Rashid
Khalifa. And he didn't stop by getting rid of hadith but he also had
this mathematical scheme which he used to start excluding verses from
the Quran as well. And then some time either before or after that he
declared himself to be a prophet.

Something else to realize is that the Quran itself is not unlike the
hadith. The Quran was transmitted to subsequent generations by the
companions who witnessed Muhammad while he was reciting the verses of
the Quran. And although some of it was written down on different
objects and surfaces, some of it was preserved mainly in memory. And
the same mechanism we get Quran from is the same mechanism we get the
hadith from. (In fact, some hadith have about as many witnesses and
transmitters as some parts of the Quran) And if you trust someone
enough to lend them $500 then you should trust them enough to lend
them $5.