On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:23:35 -0000, Khazeh Fananapazir
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wouldn't the behaviours of Muhammad or even Hussein have
> also been permitted under "righteous warfare"?

> Peace

> Gilberto

Thank you for the references. Maybe I should spell out more. I wasn't
really so much asking for the information. (I've seen the first
passage before and the second is a little new to me, but isn't
surprising) What I guess I'm saying is that given the noble
descriptions of the battles fought by Muhammad and Hussein in the
Bahai writings, there is absolutely nothing wrong with "jihad" when
understood properly. And so it doesn't make sense to blot it from the
book because there is nothing at all evil, selfish, bloodthirsty or
unnecessary in it.

And for Bahais to say that "holy war" has been blotted out, but
"righteous warfare" is A-ok, is like saying 6 is bigger than
half-a-dozen.
PEace