I think I got the idea that maybe the Bab wasn't so much into
Perennialism was a passage I read a long time ago:

7 No one hath been or will ever be invested with prophethood other
than Thee, nor hath any sacred Book been or will be revealed unto any
one except Thee. Such is the decree ordained by Him Who is the
All-Encompassing, the Best Beloved.

8 The Bayán is in truth Our conclusive proof for all created things,
and all the peoples of the world are powerless before the revelation
of its verses. It enshrineth the sum total of all the Scriptures,
whether of the past or of the future, even as Thou art the Repository
of all Our proofs in this Day. We cause whomsover We desire to be
admitted into the gardens of our most holy, most sublime Paradise.
Thus is divine revelation inaugurated in each Dispensation at Our
behest. We are truly the supreme Ruler. Indeed no religion shall We
ever inaugurate unless it be renewed in the days to come. This is a
promise We solemnly have made. Verily We are supreme over all
things...

[end quote]

So the seeming-exclusive description of the Bab's status in 7 and then
the claim that the Bayan "enshrineth the sum total of all the
Scriptures, whether of the past or of the future" tends to suggest
something different from progressive revelation. I mean, I think the
Bab does seem to be saying that the revelation will be renewed from
time to time I'm not sure if it says that the the next revelations
will be better/deeper/more spiritual./ etc. Maybe they are just
reiterations of the perennial wisdom. I mean, how else could the Bayan
endhrine all the future revelations without something like the
perennial wisdom?