In a message dated 12/27/2004 10:51:08 AM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Gilberto:
Ok, but then the question remains, if the revelation of the Bab was
complete and enshrines all the others past and future, and if he
provides the full letters of the alphabet, what need is there for
revelation after the Bab?

Gilberto

I understand that the Bahais believe in progressive revelation but
then how do you parse those other statements which seem to say
something different?
Okay, we have established that from a Baha`i point of view, the Bab completes the revelation. Then we need to discuss why Revelation needs further completion?
What doesthe Bab have to say about it, I quoted the 2nd Tablet to He Whom God Will Make Manifest and the Bab Himself says that the Revelation to be brought by that future Prophet will make the Bab's Book complete. So, why should we think that the completeness of the Bab's Revelation is an obstacle to further revelation when the Bab Himself says it must come to pass?

Regards,

Scott