On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 20:23:00 -0800, Rich Ater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 19:45:16 -0800, Rich Ater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Not true. If I praise the grandeur of Rome it does not mean that
> I think we should remain ruled by emperors or that if I say that Rome's time
> has
> passed and modern democracy is an improvement that I have ceased to
> admire Rome.

Gilberto:
>  I see your point and would tend to agree with you in
> mundane examples
> but when you are talking about divine revelation I think
> you start to run into problems.

Rich:
 How so?

Gilberto:
In the mundane case it is easier to deal with the idea that nothing is
perfect so its not a big deal for it to be improved upon later. Like a
sports record... there is always going to be someone else later who
will run faster, be stronger, jump higher, farther, etc. But thinking
of God in that way comes out very much like faint praise. It tends to
accuse God of limitation and imperfection.