In a message dated 1/2/2005 12:14:32 AM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
The Qur'an warns against hadith.
Where does it do that?

"Have they not looked at the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all the things God has created? Does it ever occur to them that the end of their life may be near? Which HADITH, besides this (Quran) do they believe in?" 7:185

"Among the people, there are those who uphold baseless HADITH, and thus divert others from the path of God without knowledge, and take it in vain. These have incurred a shameful retribution." 31:6

"God has revealed herein the BEST HADITH; a book that is consistent and points out both ways (to heaven and hell). The skins of those who reverence their Lord cringe therefrom, then their skins and their hearts soften up for God's message. Such is God's guidance; he bestows it upon whomever He wills. As for those sent astray by God, nothing can guide them." 39:23

[

039.023
YUSUFALI: Allah has revealed (from time to time) the most beautiful Message in the form of a Book, consistent with itself, (yet) repeating (its teaching in various aspects): the skins of those who fear their Lord tremble thereat; then their skins and their hearts do soften to the celebration of Allah's praises. Such is the guidance of Allah: He guides therewith whom He pleases, but such as Allah leaves to stray, can have none to guide.
PICKTHAL: Allah hath (now) revealed the fairest of statements, a Scripture consistent, (wherein promises of reward are) paired (with threats of punishment), whereat doth creep the flesh of those who fear their Lord, so that their flesh and their hearts soften to Allah's reminder. Such is Allah's guidance, wherewith He guideth whom He will. And him whom Allah sendeth astray, for him there is no guide.
SHAKIR: Allah has revealed the best announcement, a book conformable in its various parts, repeating, whereat do shudder the skins of those who fear their Lord, then their skins and their hearts become pliant to the remembrance of Allah; this is Allah's guidance, He guides with it whom He pleases; and (as for) him whom Allah makes err, there is no guide for him.]

"These are God's revelations (Quran) that we recite to you truthfully. In which HADITH other than God and His revelations do they believe?" 45:6

[

045.006
YUSUFALI: Such are the Signs of Allah, which We rehearse to thee in Truth; then in what exposition will they believe after (rejecting) Allah and His Signs?
PICKTHAL: These are the portents of Allah which We recite unto thee (Muhammad) with truth. Then in what fact, after Allah and His portents, will they believe?
SHAKIR: These are the communications of Allah which We recite to you with truth; then in what announcement would they believe after Allah and His communications? ]

"Let them produce a HADITH like this (Quran) if they are truthful." 52:34

[

052.033
YUSUFALI: Or do they say, "He fabricated the (Message)"? Nay, they have no faith!
PICKTHAL: Or say they: He hath invented it? Nay, but they will not believe!
SHAKIR: Or do they say: He has forged it. Nay! they do not believe.

052.034
YUSUFALI: Let them then produce a recital like unto it,- If (it be) they speak the truth!
PICKTHAL: Then let them produce speech the like thereof, if they are truthful.
SHAKIR: Then let them bring an announcement like it if they are truthful.

052.035
YUSUFALI: Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators?
PICKTHAL: Or were they created out of naught? Or are they the creators?
SHAKIR: Or were they created without there being anything, or are they the creators? ]

"Therefore, let Me deal with those who reject this HADITH(Quran); we will lead them on whence they never perceive." 68:44

[068.044
YUSUFALI: Then leave Me alone with such as reject this Message: by degrees shall We punish them from directions they perceive not.
PICKTHAL: Leave Me (to deal) with those who give the lie to this pronouncement. We shall lead them on by steps from whence they know not.
SHAKIR: So leave Me and him who rejects this announcement; We will overtake them by degrees, from whence they perceive not: ]

"Which HADITH other than this do they uphold?" 77:50