I realize the English translation of those verses is different than I am
used to, but they are quoted from an Islamic site that does not credit
hadith in general.

Dear Scott,

Yes, I noted that. Rashad Khalifa led a "Qur'an alone" movement which
rejected the hadiths entirely. It made it possible for him to interpret
Islam pretty much any way he wanted to and he sort of ended up with his own
cult following in Tucson where I used to live. He is also the one who came
up with all this stuff about the numerical value of everything in the Qur'an
egually 19 which Baha'is got very excited about a few years back. But as
Mark can tell you, you can do this with virtually any text. I'm afraid he
placed games with the Qur'an here. Sort of like if you were to pick up the
Qur'an find where the term 'cause' occurs and say, "See how often the Baha'i
Faith is referred to?"

warmest, Susan