On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:26:25 -0600, Mark A. Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, Gilberto,
>
> At 08:07 PM 1/10/2005, you wrote:
> >>Are dependent Manifestations also ruled out during the 1000 years?<<
>
> Yes. However, `Abdu'l-Baha wrote:
>
> "The station which he who hath truly recognized this Revelation will attain
> is the same as the one ordained for such prophets of the house of Israel as
> are not regarded as Manifestations `endowed with constancy.'"
> - cited: Shoghi Effendi, World Order of Baha'u'llah, p.111

That's kind of interesting. It's reminiscent of a hadith.

'Ulama ummatee ka-anbiyya Bani Isra'il"
"The Scholars [Knowers] of my Nation are like the prophets of the
Children of Israel"

> My own understanding of that statement has been that a person can reach the
> spiritual station, or status, of a dependent Manifestation (following and
> promoting the teachings of the supreme Manifestation) without actually being
> one.
>
> >>I seem to recall banned any new person claiming to have revelation. I don't
> >>remember it only limiting independent manifestations.<<
>
> Yes, I believe so.

So I guess some of this whole question could depend on how the terms
match up and how the "translations" are done. If the kashf or ilham
given to saints is "revelation" then the Bahai faith would object to
them before the 1000 years.