On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:11:56 -0800 (PST), JS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> J:  I can't remember point of this theat anymore.  But I thought it was to
> show that just as Christians believe in the Finality of the Bible and the
> Finality of Jesus, Muslims believe in the finality of Muhammad and the
> Qur'an.

Yes, I understand that this is what Bahais are trying to say. That
Christians have a concept of finality, but were wrong because Muhammad
came afterwards. So the point is to try to say that the Muslim concept
of finality is the same, and equally wrong, so it would make it more
plausible that Bahaullah could come.

And the point I'm making is that even from a Christian perspective,
they aren't claiming finality for themselves in the same way that
Muslims are. That in concrete ways they are actually open to future
revelation and future prophets and future messages.

Have you looked at the history of early Islam? The Christians and Jews
in Arabia were said to be expecting another prophet to come.