>Gilberto: You had mentioned the Egyptian obsession with immortality. I'm
"driving at" the idea that many human beings have this desire in different
>ages.

Well, yeah.  But that's merely stating the obvious.  I don't see your point.

>Gilberto: I'm pretty sure that "street churches" where long-haired hippies
> go around in public openly proclaiming the gospel are alot older than the
> kind with pews : )

I totally agree, and I think that's a completely valid kind of religion.
This began with you saying that if one kind of religion is valid at one time
and place, it ought to be valid at all times and all places, and that's what
we disagree on.  Bahá'u'lláh clearly says that religion will continue to
evolve, and that in the future another Manifestation will come.  It seems to
me that you have a problem with the idea of mankind maturing and becoming
able to internalize greater portions of God's revelation - which, according
to Bahá'í belief, is ultimately and forever beyond the capacity of man to
fully understand.

Dave Lambert
www.vintagerr.com