On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:05:10 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In a message dated 1/24/2005 8:53:18 AM Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> History
> After Charles Mason Remey's proclamation in 1960 that he was the
> second Guardian of the Baha'i Faith, his followers became known as the
> Orthodox Bahá'í Faith. Among those who accepted Remey's proclamation,
> several further divisions have occurred. Some of these are described
> below:
>
> You are actually missing several factions before these.

G:
Yes, I realized there were earlier splits but it took more than a
minute to find the relevant article which discussed them so I just
went with the Remey-ites.

They did not prosper
> either. Mason Remey pulled away how many Baha`i's of the time? probably less
> than 200.

Didn't the French NSA approve of Remey's claims at the time? Were
there only 200 Bahais in France at the time?

>  One cannot say a faction has
> prospered if it breaks into smaller less tiny factions over time. Jensen is
> the result of one of the senescent Remey's appointments as Guardian. It too
> has gotten smaller over time. That is not a quality of prosperity.

Where is it possible to find recent statistics on the growth or
decline of Bahais in different parts of the world? I've heard "Bahai"
growth figures have been stagnant too.

> Would you like an outline of the history of covenant breakers you have
> missed?

If its not inconvenient, sure.

Look. All I'm really saying is that it is insulting to cast all sorts
of negative aspersions on other religions for being split, when your
own religion has obvious splits. It's like this massive act of denial.
Like you think your s*** doesn't stink. We all see things from our own
perspectives. We don't all see the world in the same way. Sometimes
that means people in the "same" religion will read the "same" texts
and interpret them differently. Sometimes those differences are large
enough to cause a "split". This is not surprising or shocking.