On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:30:04 +0700, Firouz Anaraki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gilberto addressing Mark:
> > It seems like you are reading it correctly. I just don't think I would
> > agree with it. The Quran actually invites people to examine itself for
> > contradictions. Dares people to try to come up with verses like it. In
> > other places the Quran also calls itself "the Criterion" but I don't
> > know of a place where it declares itself immune from criticism.
>
> Firouz:
>
> Baha'u'llah also challenges people to come up a verse like what Baha'u'llah
> has revealed and goes further and allows them to assist each other:

Yeah. As I was wriiting I started to think about that and thought I
should maybe rephrase the above since the Bahai writings basically
repeat the challenge of the Quran.

[2.23] And if you are in doubt as to that which We have revealed to
Our servant, then produce a chapter like it and call on your witnesses
besides Allah if you are truthful.

[11.13] Or, do they say: He has forged it. Say: Then bring ten forged
chapters like it and call upon whom you can besides Allah, if you are
truthful.

[52.33] Or do they say: He has forged it. Nay! they do not believe.
[52.34] Then let them bring an announcement like it if they are truthful.