Susan: <>Is that what your argument is based on, capitalization? Because as far as I know there is not any convention whereby Baha'is are supposed to use upper case letters to refer to the Universal House of Justice and lower case when referring to other institutions. The only difference between those passages using caps or not using caps as far as I can tell is that the former are translated by the Guardian and the latter are later translations. <>

Dear Susan,

Considering that I wasn't stating my opinion and and defining my personal logic in an attempt to persuade, I would have to say "No" to your question. I don't view this as a great debate with a winner and loser. I view this as consultation with a view to gaining new insights; and no vested interest in anyone accepting or rejecting my opinion.

Actually, whenever, I have a curiosity about a particular topic I research for "constancy" in the writings. Having done that - I'm personally convinced that my initial understanding still holds... (for me at least!)

Would you agree that in the English language words which are are capitalized enable the reader to distinguish, in context, the significance of the capitalization. For instance: God or god.

I trust the Guardian intended to convey the distinctive nature of the title when capitalizing *Trustees*. He knew the value of nuances contained in the English language and utilized the language as a tool - I suspect it was an exercise he relished. World Order was the first Baha'i book I read and I still find it totally amazing as an example of the vast range of the English language with regard to clarity.

I do hope Ahang can find time to track the "scope of the House of Justice" through the text. I think it's an important topic to pursue and gain a better understanding of the progression of the "vision" from Baha'u'llah, to Abdu'l-Baha and then the Guardian.

Lovingly,  Sandra

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com To unsubscribe, send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, use subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu