On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:45:44 -0800, Rich Ater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[many reasonable comments deleted]

> I was just commenting
> on the Guardians stance and that he disbanded the community rather than obey
> the dictates of a government that fit his criteria as legitimate if heinous.

Maybe I misunderstood the example from earlier. I thought the Guardian
had disbanded the community so that he wouldn't be disobeying. If the
Nazis asked him where the German Bahais were, he could have just said
"no, I'll never turn them over." and that would have been
disobedience. But if he disbanded the Bahais that means he could
honestly say that the community didn't officially exist.