I've often wondered what might be considered okay and not okay to watch as a Baha'i as far as TV and movies go. There is a lot of sex and violence in TV and movies. I have two parents with quite opposing views of what is okay and what isn't. One is very conservative and doesn't like me going to M rated movies (the majority of movies that come out are this rating or above). I have doubts whether this attitude is right, but maybe I'm in the wrong. Applying the statement about music in the Aqdas to TV and movies would seem to indicate a lot of TV and movies aren't okay for Baha'is to watch. Is it okay to watch shows where the characters have poor morals, and often cheat in relationships? Is it okay to watch the Jerry Springer show? What guidance do the Writings have on this?

Regards,
David

There’s never been a better time to get Xtra JetStream @ http://xtra.co.nz/jetstream

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com To unsubscribe, send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, use subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu