Brent: << "...With these hands, moreover, We shall both bestow and withhold, though none can understand this save those who see with the eye of the spirit.' ...
<snip>
I am interested, not in how God withholds gifts, but in how you friends see that the Hands
of the Cause have "withheld".>>

Dear Brent,

Thank you for unintentionally calling me to the Suriy-i-Haykal this day. I've been pondering pages 3-54 most of the afternoon.

I was a bit confused by your question - in particular the relationship of the Institution of the Hands of the Cause "withholding" anything ... to these particular passages.

Can you clarify where you see the connection ?

"Erelong shall God draw forth, out of the bosom of power, the hands of ascendancy and might, and shall raise up a people who will arise to win victory for this Youth and who will purge mankind from the defilement of the outcast and the ungodly." (Summons to the Lord of Hosts p.19)

Lovingly, Sandra

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu