I guess I would take with a great deal of salt the claim of someone
like that to speak for all sunnis. (Especially since he doesn't speak
for me). I tend to view this sort of conflict through a political lens
before seeing it as a religious issue. Analogous to the "Troubles" of
Northern Ireland. Which was really more about land and politics than
Catholics and Protestants.

But anyway, to try to answer the specific question, the Quran says things like:

5:82
you will certainly find the nearest in friendship to those who believe
(to be) those who say: We are Christians; this is because there are
priests and monks among them and because they do not behave proudly.

And elsewhere the Quran explicitly gives Muslims permission to eat
with Jews and Christians (which implies sociability) and even limited
inter-marriage. So the idea that the Quran asserts that the only
dialogue possible the sword and the bullet is really silly to me.

If there is alot of hate and animosity from Muslims in the Middle East
directed towards "Christians" its not because of what Muslims are
reading in the Quran, its because of what Muslims are reading in the
newspaper (or seeing for themselves in their own countries).

--
"pharaoh is just a leaf on a burning bush"