The Baha'i Studies Listserv
This reminds of of religious trends towards traditionalism versus liberalism,
fundamentalism versus humanism.

Within religions, traditionalism is a common reaction to rapid changes in the
surrounding world. Traditionalists maintain older forms of belief and practice
regardless of new social norms. All religions have factions that tend toward
traditionalist interpretations. Fundamentalism refers to an intensely
traditionalist form of religion, reacting against modern forces and the
religious reforms they encourage. It rejects a diversity of interpretations in
favor of an authoritarian dogmatic approach that insists on one true
interpretation.

Liberalism holds that religions should adapt to society's changes. Humanism is
the worldview that ultimate value is grounded entirely in the human realm, not
in the divine or supernatural. Religious Humanism is a trend in various
religions like Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, and Unitarian Universalism.
Humanism provides answers to life's most basic questions. It can be used
alongside religion or without religion, becoming Secular Humanism. Humanism
embraces the modern emphasis on science and on the intellectual pursuit of
truth. It rejects traditionalist and fundamentalist forms of Christianity,
Buddhism, and Judaism. Humanists find insufficient evidence for belief in the
existence of the supernatural and the divine. Nature is seen as being deeper
and broader than we currently think, new discoveries will enlarge our knowledge
of nature. Humanists find there is no credible data to support belief in life
after death. Humanists focus rather on our progeny and the ways our lives have
influenced others. Humanist ethics tends to be based on Christian, Buddhist,
and Jewish ethics. Humanists believe that ethics derive from human experience.
Ethics is autonomous and situational, needing no ideological or theological
justifications or sanctions. Ethics stem from human interest and need. To deny
this distorts the whole basis of life. Human life has meaning because we create
and develop our futures. Notice, Religious Humanists and Secular Humanists will
interpret the above data differently. Religious Humanists may believe despite
said acknowledged lack of evidence. Secular Humanists may believe that lack of
evidence is evidence of lack. Both camps may believe that supernatural versus
natural, divine versus natural are false dichotomies and embrace pantheism.

I find the Baha'i Faith to be traditionalist and fundamentalist given the data
above. Just Google Baha'i Traditionalism and Baha'i Fundamentalism to see.
Baha'is tend to be hostile to the non-Baha'i world. They are hostile towards
rapid changing in the surrounding world since Baha Allah's time. They maintain
old forms of belief and practice regardless of society's norms. They are
intensely traditionalist, extremely hostile to any religious reforms. They are
extremely authoritarian and dogmatic.

Sent from my iPad