The Baha'i Studies Listserv
There are a variety of religions in the world. While most either are explicitly
anti LGBTQQIA or neutral towards them, there are affirming religious groups.

Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Judaism have affirming factions.
This is a specific denominational issue in Judaism and Christianity. I could
add Buddhism as well because of the Hinayana and Mahayana divide on this issue.
Most Hindus are on one side and conservative Hindutva is on the other. Most
Muslims are on one side and the liberal Al Fatiha Foundation and liberal Imaan
groups are on the other.

Wicca, Unitarian Universalism, Eckankar, LaVeyanism, Raëlism, Neo-Druidism, and
the Native American Religion are affirming religions. Though, not listed by
Wikipedia, I would add Thelema as well to the list due to my own research.

Religious Humanists and Religious Existentialists tend to be affirming as well.

I compiled the lists from Wikipedia articles on affirming religions,
organizations that support same sex marriage, religious views on same sex
marriage, etc.

It's ironic that the leeway for interpretation in scripture present in the top
five religions allows for flexibility in this matter that the Baha'i Faith
lacks.

While LGBTQQIA people and allies are part of the top five religions, they do
tend to be drawn to the next seven as well. I wonder what are the religious
demographics of these people.

Skygram, do you know what religions these ex-Baha'is convert to or to
irreligion? How are they doing today? Do you still keep in contact with them?
Was it all for the better now, if they managed to convert to an affirming
religion or denomination?

This is especially noted in how lots of Unitarian Universalist churches have
extensive affirming programs in congregations which are known as Welcoming
Churches.

It is sad for the ones who stay Baha'is, but they apostates probably have moved
on with their lives for the better.

While I didn't come to my current religious affiliations because they were
affirming, but rather for other reasons. I choose Unitarian Universalism
because of the diversity of religious beliefs that can fit within that big
tent. Religious Humanism because I liked reading the Humanist Manifestoes, but
didn't care for Secular Humanism. Buddhist Humanism, Humanistic Buddhism,
Nichiren Buddhism, Buddhist Modernism, Engaged Buddhism, Buddhist
Protestantism, etc. because of my prior like of Religious Humanism and my
liking of Mahayana Buddhism.

I was interested in Eckankar because of soul travel and various other things. I
was interested in Contemporary Modern Neo Paganism and hence Neo-Druidism and
Wicca. I was interested in various UFO religions including Raëlism.

I like the Golden Rule which is in all religions. I like the page on Wikipedia
listing the various formulations across religions. Buddhism and Humanism have
my favorite formulations. I also like the Declaration of a Global Ethic.
Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism have formulations I read regularly
as well via the Wikipedia page. Wicca and Thelema also have formulations that I
have memorized as well as read regularly via Wikipedia.

The Humanist Manifesto II

In the best sense, religion may inspire dedication to the highest ethical
ideals. The cultivation of moral devotion and creative imagination is an
expression of genuine spiritual experience and aspiration.

We believe, however, that traditional dogmatic or religions that place
revelation, God, ritual, or creed above human needs and experience do a
disservice to the human species.

Whether the Baha'i Faith does a disservice to humanity is up to debate, or not?

Sent from my iPad