Michael Meeks wrote on 10/02/2022 19:08:
On 10/02/2022 14:53, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:

This reminds me of a comment by MMeeks where he made reference to the fact that those who do not code have no say. Which is a total absurdity.

     That has slipped my memory.

Mine too ;)

Then I imagine what Daniel thought to remind, is a (irresponsible) simplification of a complex situation. Black-white: "users only use and developers do everything so they decide." Reality: "there is a huge variety of users and developers and the process of developing is more than (the fine and complex art of) coding." TDF as community is set up around meritocracy: people that do the work have a saying. And it is up to us to make all work smoothly :)

Also: at the moment, there is no mechanism in place run bounties by e.g. bundling of donations of users. Would we have that, then it could be a way to allow donations to steer (a tiny bit of) development. Lacking that, it is the competence of the board to take care for good spending of the donations.

Cheers,

Cor

--
Cor Nouws, member Board of Directors