I replaced that controller when my B-II steam boiler would not refill after
the machine warmed up.  When I looked at the board inside the box, the only
thing that was obvious was there was a dark spot on one of the relays.  WLL
did not think that it could be the problem but everything else in the
circuit tested OK.  Bad relays can do lots of things like delayed
open/close cycles.