Hi,

In fact, the service parameter should be handled properly. It it saved
before the redirection to the external identity provider and restored after
the successful delegated authentication.
So you shouldn't have any problem with keeping your service.

It should be properly handled in case of an error as well and if it
doesn't, it's somehow a bug.

Can you copy/paste a stacktrace to see what kind of error breaks the flow?

Thanks.
Best regards,

Jérôme LELEU
Founder of CAS in the cloud: www.casinthecloud.com | Twitter: @leleuj