Hi,

Indeed, a logger.error would have been appreciated in the "catch
(TicketException" part.

Yes, the "restore" methods are the ones the comment is referring to. And
they are called before the exception is thrown: all parameters should be
restored.

I've spent some time to perform a full test and the theme is properly
restored through RequestContextUtil.getTheme. Here is the demo I setup:
https://github.com/leleuj/cas-oauth-demo-3.5.x/commit/8ccb17d18a1b2fbd3049022ce88455c581328bed
.
I define a theme for my service and throw an exception as if the
authentication has failed -> the theme is properly restored and generates
an error (I have not that theme)...

Hope it helps.
Best regards,
Jérôme