On Wed, May 8, 2024 at 2:18 PM Chuck Guzis via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> On 5/8/24 11:54, John Maxwell via cctalk wrote:
> > I recall an ad for a 'double-helix, special' 6-foot power cord going for
> $500 (or more) claiming that it would make your main power amplifier sound
> better with better mains power - that's about the time I started calling
> them "audio-fools"
> >
> > A quick search of these revealed a power cord at 2.5 meters going for
> $27,000 from Siltech Cables or a Nordost Odin Gold power cord of 1.25
> meters for $35,000 in a review from November, 2021. I guess I am in the
> wrong business (or am too honest!)
>
> What good is a high-end AC cable if you don't have a receptacle to match?
>
> https://www.thecableco.com/swo-xxx-outlet.html  Only $123 for a 15A 120V
> outlet.

More here:

> https://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0114/audiophile_ac_outlets.htm
>
> If I knew that this stuff wasn't real, I'd figure that it was an April
> Fool's prank.
>
> --Chuck

Why stop there?  A truly dedicated audiophile would run new pure silver
electrical wire through the walls directly to the breaker box.

Then you gotta upgrade to the breaker box that was disinfected from
transient spirits through an exorcism, and then special 24K solid
gold-contact breakers in inert nylon housings.

Sellam