From: Johan Helsingius via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 8 May, 2024 02:13
To: cctalk@classiccmp.org
Cc: Johan Helsingius <j...@julf.com>
Subject: [cctalk] Re: FWIW CD & DVD demagnitizitation [was: Double Density 3.5"
Floppy Disks]

On 08/05/2024 05:53, Tony Duell via cctalk wrote:
> [1] Apparently there's a slogan on the wall of the QUAD workshop
> 'Ohm's Law rules here. Oxygen-free cable is not required'

That would have been back when Quad was run by Peter J. Walker who was a
no-nonsense engineer. Unfortunately the company is owned by IAG Group (Shenzen,
China) and has resorted to more "audiophile" oriented marketing.

As to real audiophile scams, there are companies making "audiophile" ethernet
switches and even special, very expensive linear power supplies for ethernet
switches for those audiophiles who have switched to streaming music. Oh, and
audiophile USB cables...

        Julf