I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about should a CF shop
targeting Republicans as their audience have to employ a gay programmer?

If that is what you are saying, then, yes. There is no rational basis for
being gay or black or female having anything to do with that person's
ability to be a good programmer.

I could see an argument being made that you'd be less effective as head of
business development for a CF shop targeting Republicans if you were, say,
a prominent donor to Democrats. You could also argue, I suppose, that
they'd be less effective if they were gay, but then you'd be arguing that
your clientele are bigots, which doesn't seem wise.

Judah