All dogs are different in how long they carry the pups. Some are right on time
and some not. The first litter we ever had, Trixie popped one pup out at 8pm
and went to sleep. Took her to the vet the next morning and she wasn't in
labor. She had the other 4 pups around noon the next day. Both of my girls had
no probs with delivery. They both had large litters tho. Trixie is tiny and the
runt of both of her litters was under-developed and didn't make it. Izzie had a
false pregnancy and then went into heat 2 months later. I didn't have time to
get her fixed and my little guy got her thru the crate lol. She had 6 pups. All
lived. The runt has a soft skull, small hydrocephalus, a hole in her heart,
umbilical hernia, deformed tail that was broken in the womb, an under-developed
bottom jaw, no front teeth and her tongue hangs out. She is almost 7 mos old
and 1.8lbs. She's a little fighter. Eats like a horse and is so hyper lol The
vet was shocked that she was still alive lol
Another pup from the last litter had a liver shunt at 13 weeks but he has been
off meds and on normal food for a month now and is doing great.
Good luck with your pups. Make sure to give the pups nutrical so they don't get
hypoglycemia. We lost a couple from our first litter because I didn't know
about the low blood sugar thing.
Oh and both my girls are fixed now. No more babies for us!!!

        (♥)  Crystal (♥)